Article 1 Consent to Collection of Personal Information and Collection Method
Article 2 Personal Information Collected and Purpose of Using Personal Information
“Personal Information” means information on users and refers to their names, personal numbers, or any other information that identifies such persons.
Personal information shall not be used for any purpose other than the following, and if the purpose of use is changed, necessary measures will be implemented, such as obtaining consent under Article 18 of the Personal Information Protection Act(PIPA).
-Purpose: Provide goods and information
Seoul Comic Con shall process collected personal information for the purpose of providing information related the show and deliver items or gifts.
- Expiration period: 18 January, 2023
However, in the following cases, personal information will be retained unit the end of the relevant status;
1) An Investigation is underway for a violation of the relevant statutes, it shall be kept until the investigation is completed.
2) A bond or debt relationship is remaining due to the use of the website, it shall be kept until the settlement of the relevant bond or debt relationship is settled.
Article 3 Rights of Users/Legal Representatives and Method of Exercising such Rights
1) User shall exercise the following personal information protection right to the service provider at any time.
1. Access to personal information
2. Correction of errors
3. Deletion of information
4. Suspension of process
2) Rights under Article 1 can be exercised through e-mail to service provider and we will take action without delay.
3) If user requests correction or deletion of personal information errors, we shall not use or provide such personal information until the correction or deletion is completed.
4) Rights under Article 1 may be exercised through the legal representative of the user or through user’s representative. In such cases, a letter of attorney under attached Form 11 of the Enforcement Rules of the Privacy Act shall be submitted.
5) Users shall not infringe on the personal information and privacy of the user or other persons handled by the service provider in violation of the relevant statutes such as the Personal Information Protection Act(PIPA).
Article 4 Process of Personal Information
1. Information on participating in the survey
Required information: Username, personal contact, e-mail address, information on visiting Seoul Comic con, Items of interest, Preferred works/ guest/ items.
Optional information: Matter of interest for visiting the show, other comments
The Website outsources the processing of users’ personal information to outside professional organizations as follows for the smooth conduct of businesses, such as provision of better services and customers’ convenience.
2. In the process of using the internet service, the following personal information can be automatically generated and collected.
-IP address, Cookie, MAC address, Service usage record, visit record, defect usage record etc.
Article 5 Disposal of personal information
When personal information, such as the expiration of the period of personal information or the attainment of the processing purpose, is unnecessary, service provider shall dispose the personal information without delay.
If the personal information that has been agreed upon by the user has expired or the purpose of processing has been achieved, the personal information shall be moved to a separate database (DB) or shall be preserved on the other storage.
Procedure and methods for disposal of personal information are as follows;
1. Procedure of Disposal
Service provider selects the personal information where the reason for disposal has occurred, and disposes the personal information with the approval of the person in charge of personal information protection of the service provider.
2. Method of Disposal
Service provider shall dispose personal information recorded and stored in the form of electronic files by using a low level format, and personal information recorded and stored in paper documents shall be disposed by grinding or incinerating with a shredder.
Article 6 Safety Security Measures for Personal Information
Service provider is taking the following measures to ensure the safety of personal information;
1. Management measurement: establish and implement an internal management plan, train regular employees, etc.
2. Technical measurement: Manage rights for accessing personal information processing systems, installation of access control systems, encryption of unique identification information, and installation of security programs.
3. Physical measurement: Control access to computer rooms, data storage rooms, etc.
Article 7 Automatic privacy collection matters concerning the installation, operations and refusal
1. In order to provide individual customized services to users, service provider stores personal information and uses 'cookie' that is frequently recalled.
2. Cookies are small amounts of information that the server (http) used to run the website sends to the user's computer browser and is stored on the users' hard disk.
B. Installation, Operation and Rejection of Cookies: User can refuse to save cookies by setting options on the Tools at the top of user’s web browser>Internet Options> Privacy Menu.
C. Refusing to store cookies may cause difficulties in using customized services.
Article 8 Chief Privacy Officer
The Website appoints the following chief privacy officer who is responsible for the handling of personal information and the handling of customers’ complaints regarding personal information and damage reliefs.
▶ Chief Privacy Officer of personal information protection
- Name: Mr. Jeong Hun Kim
- Title: Director
- Contact: email@example.com
▶ Department in charge of personal information protection
- Name of Department: Seoul Comic Con Secretariat
- PIC: Mr. Jeong Hun Kim
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
User can contact the person in charge and department of personal information protection in regards of personal information, complaints and damage. Service Provider will answer and process inquiries to users without delay.
Article 9 (Personal information access request)
User may request the following departments to view personal information under Article 35 of the Personal Information Protection Act(PIPA). Service provider will make efforts to expedite the request of the information subject to access personal information.
▶ Department of receiving and processing personal information access request
Name of department: Seoul Comic Con Secretariat
PIC: Mr. Jeong Hun, Kim
Article 10 Infringement of rights
User can inquire about the following institutions for damage relief and counseling on personal information infringement:
▶ Personal Information Infringement Report Center (Operated by the Korea Internet & Security Agency)
- Subjective: Report personal information infringement and apply for counseling
- Website: privacy.kisa.or.kr
- Phone: (+82) 118
- Address: (58324) Personal Information Infringement Report Center on the 3rd floor of Jinheung-gil, Naju, Jeollanam-do (301-2 Bitgaram-dong), Republic of Korea
▶ Personal information Dispute Mediation Committee
- Subjective: Application for personal information dispute mediation, collective dispute mediation (private mediation)
- Website: www.kopico.go.kr
- Phone: (+82) 1833-6972.
- Address: (03171) 4th floor of the Seoul Government Complex 209 in Sejong-daero, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
▶ Cybercrime investigation team of the Supreme Prosecutors' Office Republic of Korea:
(+82) 2-3480-3573 / www.spo.go.kr
▶ Cyber Security Administration of the Korean National Police Agency
(+82) 182 / http://cyberbureau.police.go.kr
Article 11 Enforcement of personal information processing policies